trifurcation and other personal stuff

yes, finally I started a seperate Malayalam and Samskritam blog, just so that I am forced to write more there.. !! well, with my current situation I have no clue why I am getting into more promises myself, but then thats the call, and here I go !!

as for Malayalam, I have been feeling for some time that I am steadily losing my touch with the language and the land, and hence that ....

********************************************

Ummm so the votes seems interesting... and for now I am going to fulfill a bit of that 16% request for personal stuff !! Long time before I had a post on marriage and caste

http://drisyadrisya.blogspot.com/2006/05/tooo-personal.html


Its over a year now, and as expected I got so many rejects for intercaste proposals ! I wud not blame those parents, it ain't easy to change things overnite.. neither am i oppossed to same caste marriage, which is where mine might head mostly (oh no no, don't have to jump on me, I am just stating a trend, not any major "developments"- atleast so must u believe !!)

but I am glad on three counts

1) that I tried

2) that there were almost four of five girls/families that did respond positively for an intercaste arranged marriage proposal (two from nearby universities...two from india ) , but due to other reasons those did not work out ....

3) i inspired or atleast encouraged one cousin of mine to have a "caste no bar" on her profile.....

but most interestingly , two of my younger cousins in India - one on fathers side and one on mothers side, and getting married on Aug 31 and Nov 18 respectively, BOTH love marriages BOTH intercaste :-) .. in fact one of them had kept his cousins, thats us , posted for quite some time and gathered our support before he took it to his parents .. his "girl friend" even text messaged me (and then we spoke) when i went to India .. The other had given indications to me "Some people are waiting here to see their elder cousins get married".. and I replied "You will grow white hair if u wait for me.. I shall give you a No Objection Certificate" .. he seems to have used my NOC !!

good luck dear brothers, and glad that the families on both sides were supportive......

Comments

MS said…
good luck with everything :)
Social Cause said…
Mahatma Gandhi used to encourage inter caste marriages a lot, especially between parties belonging to so-called high and so-called low castes. Like you, I too feel, promoting inter-caste marriages is a solution to the caste question in India.