Tuesday, August 21, 2007

trifurcation and other personal stuff

yes, finally I started a seperate Malayalam and Samskritam blog, just so that I am forced to write more there.. !! well, with my current situation I have no clue why I am getting into more promises myself, but then thats the call, and here I go !!

as for Malayalam, I have been feeling for some time that I am steadily losing my touch with the language and the land, and hence that ....

********************************************

Ummm so the votes seems interesting... and for now I am going to fulfill a bit of that 16% request for personal stuff !! Long time before I had a post on marriage and caste

http://drisyadrisya.blogspot.com/2006/05/tooo-personal.html


Its over a year now, and as expected I got so many rejects for intercaste proposals ! I wud not blame those parents, it ain't easy to change things overnite.. neither am i oppossed to same caste marriage, which is where mine might head mostly (oh no no, don't have to jump on me, I am just stating a trend, not any major "developments"- atleast so must u believe !!)

but I am glad on three counts

1) that I tried

2) that there were almost four of five girls/families that did respond positively for an intercaste arranged marriage proposal (two from nearby universities...two from india ) , but due to other reasons those did not work out ....

3) i inspired or atleast encouraged one cousin of mine to have a "caste no bar" on her profile.....

but most interestingly , two of my younger cousins in India - one on fathers side and one on mothers side, and getting married on Aug 31 and Nov 18 respectively, BOTH love marriages BOTH intercaste :-) .. in fact one of them had kept his cousins, thats us , posted for quite some time and gathered our support before he took it to his parents .. his "girl friend" even text messaged me (and then we spoke) when i went to India .. The other had given indications to me "Some people are waiting here to see their elder cousins get married".. and I replied "You will grow white hair if u wait for me.. I shall give you a No Objection Certificate" .. he seems to have used my NOC !!

good luck dear brothers, and glad that the families on both sides were supportive......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything :)

Social Cause said...

Mahatma Gandhi used to encourage inter caste marriages a lot, especially between parties belonging to so-called high and so-called low castes. Like you, I too feel, promoting inter-caste marriages is a solution to the caste question in India.